Tuesday, November 10, 2015

The Music Connection-1970


This is one of those things that I remembered so fondly but no one else seemed to recall. I would have been 11 when THE MUSIC CONNECTION premiered in September of 1970.  For all intents and purposes, it was MTV a full decade before MTV! Band videos (largely from Germany's BEAT CLUB as I recall) accompanied light shows and varying cool film and images set to songs by popular groups or performers of the day. I remember the Friends of Distinction's version of "Grazin' In the Grass" being in heavy rotation. There was even a prototype VJ--voice only--who was called a "Telejocky" according to this article. I used to have it on all afternoon on weekends when I was 11 years old, just grooving to the music and images while I read comic books.





1 comment:

  1. I remember when I was 15 years old & watching "THE MUSIC CONNECTION". As [I recall] Channel 17 WTCG (later to become WTBS). It was on 24/7. This was THE "Original/First" Music Television. Ahhh, those were the days of innocence lost.

    ReplyDelete