Friday, September 28, 2012

Bobby Sherman in TV Guide-1970


In 1970, age 11, I wanted to be Bobby Sherman. I wore love beads, a leather vest with fringe and even tried to grow my hair longer...not that my parents let me grow it very long. I wanted to be Bobby because Bobby was cool but most of all because my 11 year-old "girlfriend" had a crush on him...as did hundreds of thousands of 11 year old girls around the country!

Bobby had actually, I found out later, been alleged to have been involved in a bit of a scandal at the beginning of his career. I won't go into it here except to say that his family-friendly success on HERE COME THE BRIDES and on the Woodstock-era pop charts seemed to show that all was forgiven. I do have to wonder, though, if that scandal might be the reason he has avoided publishing an autobiography or participating in the book on HERE COME THE BRIDES that came out a few years back.

No comments:

Post a Comment